Ybees 2017 is a giant success!
Number 31 was the greatest weekend ever!
Here's what we accomplished:
1. Carpenter Crew 1 cut in a sliding door and built a new deck on the Arts and Crafts building. Previously, the kids were too hot to enjoy their work and now they will be cool. In addition, we added a large new privacy fence to block the view of the parking lot.
2. Carpenter Crew 2 added a new set of stairs to the original Ybee-built Trading Post. This will allow more kids to have a place to sit and make it easier for people to mount the stairs.
3. Carpenter Crew 3 built racks for the kayaks, paddle boards, oars and accessories down at the new Boat House.
4. We cut a trench across the cabin road and added a 20' culvert to keep water from washing away the road. The Rock Crew added stone entrances and exits to the pipe.
5. We cut a trench and installed drain pipe with gravel covering along the animal corral to keep water away from the critter petting area. This will keep kids cleaner and the animals happier!
6. The Rock Crew built beautiful new structures at several cabins, lined the new drainage structures and added a new entrance to the improved Arts & Crafts project.
7. The Paint Crew treated the rough sawn lumber at the new Boat House.
8. The Cat Crew (mostly Will Chiles!) graded the roads around camp, built a new entrance to the staff parking lot, hauled rocks for the Rock Crew, bored holes for footings and hauled away piles of debris.
9. Ed installed new guts in the ShowerHaus outdoor water fountain.
10. Dave Coonrod cleaned and organized the Ybee-built two car garage and camp shop.
11. Joe Cool sawed up big logs into 18" chunks to burn in the camp Council Ring.
12. Steve Schweitzer, Mike Chiles and Camp Director Steve made important fixes to the Ybee-built TreeHaus.
13. The Trash Crew made sure Camp was just-as-good-as when we found it.
Thanks to the wonderful Food Crew who fixed three hearty meals each day!